Benefits are designed to generate business. Take advantage!
We want you to see immediate results from your investment in the GHCVB. Below you will find information on the benefits you purchased and tips on how to make it work for you.
Get exclusive access to the online Houston Convention Calendar. When a meeting is booked the calendar is updated giving you real-time access. Make sure to check it often.
- Contact information of Meeting/convention Planners
- Projected Room Nights
- Projected Attendance
- Hotel Headquarters
The VisitHouston.com website network reaches more than 2 million annual visitors and the Official Houston Publications are distributed to more than 420,000. Members get custom benefits including:
Special Offers on VisitHouston.com: With more than 50,000 unique visitors per month, the special offers section is one of the most popular pages on the website. Post an offer and this section will drive business to your location.
- The special offers section is available for general consumer member categories.
- Offers that present the biggest value to the visitor will be downloaded and used. In 2012 more than 19,000 special offers were printed from VisitHouston.com.
- A special offer is selected and featured in the monthly Houston e-newsletter that reaches more than 40,000 people.
Members can upload their offers directly in MemberNet. Simply log on and scroll down to the WEB tab. Here you simply click on Add New Coupon.
Want to know more about special offers? Email us!
Enhanced Website Listing: Member's website listings feature an amenities section. This information provides visitors with detailed content and is search-able via a venue search tool.
- The amenities section is available for general consumer and facility/venues.
- Members can upload their amenities content directly on MemberNet. Simply log-in and go to the Member Record section. Scroll down to the Amenities tab and look for your member category (Hotel, Restaurant, Shopping etc) and update the corresponding amenities form.
Want to know more about amenities? Email us!
Houston Official Visitors Guide: Published in Spring and Fall, the Houston Visitors Guide is the primary fulfillment tool for the Houston Visitor Information Center as well as requests received from VisitHouston.com and is also distributed in hotels and regional welcome centers. A digital version of the magazine is available on VisitHouston.com
- All members receive a listing in the Member Directory published in each issue (400,000 annual circulation).
Houston Official Meeting Planners Guide: Published in January, this is the official meetings guide for the City of Houston and serves as the primary meetings sales tool for the GHCVB's domestic and international sales teams. In 2012, 352 meetings with 550,045 attendees booked.
- There's no better way to reach qualified meeting professionals planning Houston events. (7,000 annual)
- Hotel and Catering member categories receive listings in the annual guide.
Houston Production Guide: Published in January, the guide is the primary fulfillment tool for the Houston Film Commission. It is distributed to film, audio, and visual production companies across the United States. In 2012, Houston hosted 180 film and commercial shoots. The online guide is also published on the Houston Film Commission's official website.
- All members who offer film-specific or general support services for the industry receive a listing in this guide. (2,200 annual circulation)
Houston Visitors Center: Located in historic City Hall, the HVC features 7,000 square feet of museum - quality display cases, Houston area maps and brochures and retail space with everything from tshirts to cookware.
- All members receive the opportunity to have a customized display kiosk in the Houston Visitors Center.
- Member and Restaurant of the Month are selected and promoted in the Houston Visitors Center and on VisitHouston.com
Membership List: The GHCVB does not trade or sell our member's phone numbers and emails. All member categories can purchase mailing labels of the membership once a year for an administrative fee of $75.
- VisitHouston.com: For the first time, advertising opportunities are available on the GHCVB's website network which reaches 2 million+ annual visitors.
VisitHouston.com - HoustonCulinaryTours.com - MyGayHouston.com, HoustonReunions.com - MyHoustonMeeting.com
Members get exclusive discounts. Website Media Kit
- Official Houston Visitors Guide: Members receive exclusive advertising discounts in the magazine. Visitors Guide Media Kit
- Official Houston Meeting Planners Guide: Members receive exclusive advertising discounts in the magazine. Visitors Guide Media Kit
All GHCVB departments send leads and referrals to members on a daily basis. Leads are primarily sent for group business. These leads vary in nature from hotel room blocks to special event space.
The key to maximizing this benefit is to make sure the right people in your business are receiving leads.
Members are often forwarded the opportunity to host meeting planners, tour companies/operators, travel agents, and media who are interested in selecting Houston as a destination for their meeting, convention or tradeshow.
It's important that members keep the GHCVB departments informed on their business i,e., new developments and offerings. Make sure to attend New Member Orientations and Membership Mixers and get to know the staff as well as other members.
As a member of the GHCVB, you are part of the largest network of Hospitality, Tourism, Sales and Marketing Professionals in Houston. Make sure to take advantage of the many networking opportunities:
- Membership Mixers
- Joint Networking Mixers with Chambers of Commerce's and Organizations
- Educational Seminars
- Annual Meeting of the Membership
- Bi-Monthly Member Orientation and Refresher Workshops
- Member Showcase
- Houston International Protocol Alliance Learn at Lunch
The GHCVB Services Department hosts a booth at most conventions where restaurant, entertainment and attractions members are highlighted. If you have an updated menu or brochure you would like to share with us, please contact Convention Services.