The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts has unleashed Broadway to the Bayou City. The season, which runs from 2015-2016, kicks off with the Tony Award-winning revival of Pippin in October and is followed by numerous other Broadway big names like The Phantom of the Opera and Wicked.
"I am thrilled that once again, Houston audiences have the opportunity to experience the best of Broadway in their own backyard," said Fran Macferran, President of the Hobby Center Foundation, in a recent statement. "The series is a continuation of our commitment to bring world-class entertainment to the Hobby Center, and with award winning titles, and perennial audience favorites, this season certainly fits the bill."
Before the red carpet rolls out, plan ahead! Individual tickets will be available six to eight weeks prior to each scheduled performance and prices begin at $179. Special rates are available for season subscribers and groups.
Here is a full list of scheduled performances for the 2015-2016 season:
- Pippin: October 20-25, 2015
- The Phantom of the Opera: November 18 - 29, 2015
- Bullets Over Broadway: December 27 - January 2, 2016
- The Sound of Music: February 16 - 21, 2016
- Cabaret: March 22 - 27, 2016
- NETworks Presents Disney's Beauty and the Beast: April 27 - May 1, 2016 (Season Option - Add To Your Season Package)
- Beautiful: May 31 - June 5, 2016
- Wicked: July 6 - Aug 14, 2016 (Season Option - Add To Your Season Package)
The Hobby Center is a state-of-the-art, $100 million theater complex anchoring Houston's Theater District. Designed by American architect Robert Stern, the Hobby Center features two distinguished theaters; Fayez Sarofim Hall, a 2,650 seat theatre, home to Theatre Under the Stars and Broadway in Houston, and Selim K. Zilkha Hall, a 500 seat proscenium theater known nationwide for its warm acoustic and home to the Uniquely Houston® Series.