The 80th Annual Azalea Trail takes place March 6 to 8 from 11AM to 5PM daily. Trail blazers will see the spectacular gardens at Bayou Bend and Rienzi and visit River Oaks' exquisite private homes, admire their breathtaking gardens designed by River Oaks Garden Club members.
Azalea is the name given to the various spectacular flowering shrubs (genus Rhododendron) of the Heath family that are in full bloom each spring in Houston, Texas. Find a multitude of these colorful flowers in shades of purple, pink, white, red and yellow at one of seven Houston locations where tours will be offered:
- River Oaks Garden Club Forum of Civics Building & Gardens - 2503 Westheimer
- Home & Gardens - 2923 Del Monte Drive 77019
- Home & Gardens - 3401 Sleepy Hollow Court 77019
- Bayou Bend Gardens - Philadelphia Hall and Lora Jean Kilroy Visitor and Education Center - Enter 2940 Lazy Lane or 6003 Memorial Drive
- Rienzi - 1406 Kirby Drive
- Home & Gardens - 5545 Tupper Lake Drive 77056
- Home & Gardens - 807 Briar Ridge Drive 77057
Proceeds from the Azalea Trail will help to restore and improve the area as well as continue education, conservation and civic improvement efforts.