The event will include plenty of fun activities to keep Fido happy including a Strut Your Mutt Doggie Fashion Show, a Dog Look-Alike Contest, raffle giveaways, doggie kissing booths and trainer tips by Peace Love & Dogs Houston. Several pop-up shops will also be on location selling the latest trends in doggie fashion, as well as nail trimming and pet grooming services.
For dog-owners, Good Dog Hot Dog will be serving up top-quality hot dogs alongside Katz Coffee and Saint Arnold Brewing Company.
Not a dog owner? That's OK! Drop by the Pup Squad and BARC and give a dog a loving home at their pop-up pet adoption area, or learn more on becoming a volunteer.
The park is just one of many updates currently in the works along Buffalo Bayou. The 160-acre Buffalo Bayou Park project stretches from Shepherd Drive to Sabine Street. Construction on the $58 million renovation is in its second year of projects including:
- New 10-foot wide trails (street and bayou side). New drinking fountains and benches will be located along the trails, and park users will have access to other amenities, including restrooms and a bike rental facility.
- Gardens and restoration of natural landscapes, including trees and native grasses.
- Improvements at Eleanor Tinsley Park including the addition of a pavilion and landscaping (expected completion in April 2014).
- Destinations like Lost Lake, the Water Works visitor center and a children's playground. More here.
- Extension of the blue lunar lighting from Sabine to Shepherd Drive.
- Two pedestrian bridges at the Police Memorial and at Jackson Hill to provide greater accessibility (Now open).
Construction is expected to be complete in mid-2015. More here.