Texas Creole Crawfish Boil - Brennan's of Houston
- 40 lbs. sack of live crawfish
- 8 ears of corn (halved)
- 24 red creamer potatoes, whole
- 2 lbs. smoked sausage, cut up
- 1/2 head of celery, diced medium
- 4 heads of garlic (tops cut)
- 6 lemons, halved
- 4 large onions, quartered
- 2 lbs.Crimini Mushrooms, whole
- 2 cups Crystal Hot Sauce
- 1 cup Worcestershire
- 6 Jalapenos, whole
- 12 bay leaves
- 2 lbs. unsalted butter
- 1 container iodized salt ( 1# 10 oz)
- 1/2 cup cayenne pepper
- 5 bags Zatarain’s crab boil,
- 2 lbs. crawfish boil powder
In a large ice chest or two cover crawfish completely with cold water. Give them a bath, drain and refill. Purge them three to four times until the water comes out clean. Once cleaned drain and prepare boil.
To a large pot add 10 gallons of water, flavor ingredients (except for salt) and bring to a rapid boil. Boil for 15 minutes
Drop the corn, potatoes and smoked sausage into a basket or wrap in cheesecloth.
Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Once cooked remove and keep warm.
Add salt, then crawfish and cover the pot. When the water comes back to a full boil, cook for 2 minutes, shut off the burner and Soak crawfish for 25 minutes and serve with vegetables immediately.