- Presented By: Culture of Health - Advancing Together (CHAT)
- Dates: February 2, 2020 - August 31, 2020
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: A Children’s Story Mural
- Address: 6075 Bissonnet Street
- Time: 1:00 PM to 11:59 PM
- Price: This mural is free to the public.
- Admission: This mural is free to the public.
- Free Admission: Yes
Culture of Health – Advancing Together (CHAT) – a local nonprofit organization in the Gulfton area of Houston –partnered with residents of its community to design and bring to life a new welcome mural to the Gulfton area. Gulfton is Houston’s most diverse and international community and often is the first place many new Houstonians call home when they arrive to the city. The new mural project titled “A Children’s Story” embraces and celebrates Gulfton’s diversity by visually displaying a colorful message of welcome to all new Houstonians and visitors to the area. The mural is located at 6075 Bissonnet Street, Houston, Texas 77081 on the wall of a 98 Cent Plus Store in the community. In this instance, CHAT has received a grant from the Local Initiative Support Corporation (LISC Houston) to complete this new mural project. LISC Houston is a local office of the Local Initiatives Support Corporation, the nation’s largest community development support organization. Donations and sponsorships of the “A Children’s Story” mural are still being accepted.