Beaded Earrings Workshop
- Presented By: Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
- Dates: April 22, 2023
- Location: Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
- Address: 4848 Main Street
- Phone: (713) 529-4848
- Time: 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Price: $55 for HCCC members, $65 for Non-Members
- Admission: $55 for HCCC members, $65 for Non-Members
Design and make a pair of beaded earrings with current HCCC resident artist Lakea Shepard!
Lakea is a mixed-media designer, sculptor and milliner who creates “head-sculptures” using traditional, African textile techniques including beading, weaving, and basketry. In this workshop, experiment with mixing and matching ceramic, plastic, wood, and semi-precious beads to create your earring designs. Learn Lakea’s technique of sewing beads onto fabric to construct textured shapes. Wear your lightweight and fun earrings to any occasion!The workshop takes place in person and inside the HCCC building. Space is limited to a maximum of 15 participants.
This class is for adults aged 18+ or children aged 13+ accompanied by a parent or guardian. No experience is necessary. Pre-registration is required and includes instructor, basic materials, tools and administration fees. Registration closes on April 20, at 12:00 PM.