Beautiful Minds: Dyslexia and the Creative Advantage Exhibit
- Presented By: SandraSays Media
- Dates: September 18, 2021 - May 22, 2022
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: The Health Museum
- Address: 1515 Hermann Drive
- Phone: (713) 521-1515
- Price: General admission to The Health Museum is $10 for ages 13 and older; $8 for children 3 to 12 years old and seniors 65 and above; and is free for children two and younger, and free on Thursdays from 2 pm-7 pm.
- Admission: General admission to The Health Museum is $10 for ages 13 and older; $8 for children 3 to 12 years old and seniors 65 and above; and is free for children two and younger, and free on Thursdays from 2 pm-7 pm.
- Area of Town: Museum District
Did you know that dyslexia affects as much as 20% of the population and often goes undiagnosed? The John P. McGovern Museum of Health & Medical Science is opening "Beautiful Minds: Dyslexia and the Creative Advantage," a new bilingual exhibit that explores the successes of those faced with the challenges of dyslexia to spotlighting some of the tools and resources for diagnosis and pathways to success.Beautiful Minds questions common misconceptions about dyslexia. Beautiful Minds also reflects how dyslexia affects Houstonians by featuring local adults, young adults, and children. The Health Museum’s exhibit includes interviews with Houstonians of all ages, providing a first-person account of their diagnosis, how the disorder affects their daily lives, and what they’ve learned about its challenges and benefits. The exhibit will be on display from September 18, 2021, to May 22, 2022, at The Health Museum (located at 1515 Hermann Dr., Houston, Texas 77004). The Health Museum would like to thank Neuhaus Education Center and The Dyslexia School of Houston for their supporting sponsorship. This exhibit was made possible with the partnership of Whiteboard Exhibits, Science Museum Oklahoma, Celebrate Dyslexia, and The Health Museum.