Dissection Days on Free Family Thursdays
- Presented By: The Health Museum
- Dates: February 28, 2019 - December 26, 2019
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Thursday
- Location: The Health Museum
- Address: 1515 Hermann Drive
- Phone: (713) 521-1515
- Time: 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Price: Admission to The Health Museum is free every Free Family Thursday beginning at 2:00 p.m. and through 7:00 p.m.
- Admission: Admission to The Health Museum is free every Free Family Thursday beginning at 2:00 p.m. and through 7:00 p.m.
- Area of Town: Museum District
- Free Admission: Yes
Have you ever wanted to be a surgeon for a day? Or, wonder what it’s like to hold a heart in your hand? Hands-on dissections take place every Free Family Thursday at 3 p.m. at The Health Museum in the Houston Museum District. Curious about what's going on inside your body? Explore the anatomy of your body and its organ functions with an assortment of exciting activities and live demonstrations for all ages. The Health Museum invites the whole family to come in and get involved with its Dissection Days on Free Family Thursdays! Parents and children will learn together about the anatomy and physiology of a variety of animal organs from a cow’s eyeball to a sheep’s brain. Visitors will engage and learn about the internal and external structures of different organs such as the liver, brain, and the heart. This learning journey will also demonstrate the body’s different systems: cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, immune, and how tissues and organs are interrelated. Come explore the interactive lab and learn literally from the inside out! Admission to The Health Museum is free every Free Family Thursday beginning at 2:00 p.m. and through 7:00 p.m. For more information about The Health Museum visit thehealthmuseum.org, or call 713-521-1515.