From Houston to the World
- Presented By: Houston Ballet
- Dates: 5/21/2020, 5/23/2020, 5/24/2020, 5/29/2020, 5/30/2020, 5/31/2020
- Location: Wortham Theater Center - Brown Theater
- Address: 501 Texas Ave.
- Time: 7:30 PM to 11:59 PM
- Price: Tickets Start at $25
- Admission: Tickets Start at $25
- Area of Town: Downtown
Recognized worldwide as a famously musical choreographer, Mark Morris created 'The Letter V' on Houston Ballet in 2015 to audience and critical acclaim. Of the work, Dance Europe wrote. "You left the theatre feeling a better person than when you went in, and that doesn't happen too often." Aszure Barton's 'Angular Momentum' has notable Houston heritage. Not only was the choreographer influenced by the city's architecture including etchings on the windows at the Center for Dance, the third movement of Mason Bates's score was written about Houston and the moon landing. Arthur Pita has created works for San Francisco and for The Royal Ballet of London, but this program marks the first time the acclaimed choreographer has worked in Houston.