Glow: Vintage Blacklight Posters from the 60s and 70s
- Presented By: The Printing Museum
- Dates: April 1, 2020 - June 27, 2020
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: The Printing Museum
- Address: 1324 W. Clay
- Phone: (713) 522-4652
- Time: 10:00 AM to 11:59 PM
- Price: General Admission: $8 Hours: Thursday 2:00PM – 8:00PM; Friday and Saturday 10:00AM – 4:00PM with guided tours at 11:00 and 2:00. Monday – Wednesdays by appointment.
- Admission: General Admission: $8 Hours: Thursday 2:00PM – 8:00PM; Friday and Saturday 10:00AM – 4:00PM with guided tours at 11:00 and 2:00. Monday – Wednesdays by appointment.
- Area of Town: Memorial Park/Washington Corridor
Step into the worlds of superheroes, Viking and Afro-centric warriors, dreamscapes, the underworld, exotica and much more. Glow: Vintage Psychedelic Posters from the 60s and 70s showcases the visual culture of the psychedelic era, through blacklight posters, whose intense color and responsiveness to ultraviolet light became a symbol of countercultural aesthetics and pop culture movements. The exhibition features the local contributions of the Houston Black Light Poster Company and in-house artist George Goode, whose vivid posters became an influential contribution to the global scene. Advisory: This exhibition contains imagery of an adult nature which may not be suitable for younger audiences.