Immerse yourself in the spectrum of Asian cultures through two unforgettable nights of food, music and entertainment at one of the largest collaborations Houston has ever seen of the numerous Asian ethnicities that make up the Asian-American community in Houston. Bring the entire squad to sample some of the best Asian delicacies (many of which you won’t find in local restaurants) from more than 100 vendors with dishes from nearly every different Asian ethnicity such as Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Chinese, Korean, Indonesian, etc., plus one of the most dazzling Lantern shows you have ever seen. Not to mention a whole festival of fun stuff celebrating the Lunar New Year in Houston.
This vibrant community festival celebrates culture and cuisine from Asian countries including Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia and many, many more.
Bringing in the Asian Lunar New Year with:
• International Stages & Markets
• Multiple Stages & Roving Performers
• VIP Asian New Year’s Feast – invitation only
• Outdoor vintage and modern Asian cinema
• Super-sized Dragon Parade
• Light Festival with DJs, dancers and modern artists and performers
• Magical Lantern exhibit
• Asian Movement and Fitness Demonstrations
• Saturday and Sunday Eating Contest with celebrity chef judges
• Creative Activity Zone - Engaging family-friendly activities such as Burmese lacquerware, Taiwanese calligraphy, Persian tile designs, henna, and more.
• How many Fortune Cookies? Count the cookie contest
• Make a Children’s Dragon Mural
• Children’s Martial Arts and Lion Dance Lessons
Tickets are now on sale for the Lunar Lantern Festival! A $10 upgrade on each ticket gets you coupons for 4 free samples from any food vendor, so sample away from the huge variety of Asian delicacies! Only a limited number of tickets are being sold so get yours today before they sell out!