Marlee Matlin: Nobody’s Perfect
- Presented By: ReelAbilities
- Dates: January 30, 2020
- Location: Congregation Emanu El
- Address: 1500 Sunset Blvd.
- Time: 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM
- Price: General admission tickets available for $10. VIP seating & private reception with Marlee Matlin available for $100.
- Admission: General admission tickets available for $10. VIP seating & private reception with Marlee Matlin available for $100.
- Area of Town: Museum District
Academy Award-Wining Actress & Activist Marlee Matlin, who lost her hearing when she was only 18 months old, has never let her challenges dictate her future or deter her dreams. Matlin achieved worldwide critical acclaim for her film debut in Paramount Pictures' Children of a Lesser God, for which she received the Academy Award for Best Actress. At 21, she became the youngest recipient of the Best Actress Oscar and only one of four actresses to receive the honor for her film debut. Along with a successful Hollywood career, Matlin has dedicated herself to raising awareness for many humanitarian causes, including diversity and LGBT rights. She is a staunch advocate for children and a champion for those struggling against domestic abuse and addiction, battles she knows well.In 2015, Matlin developed “Marlee Signs," the first celebrity-driven app that teaches the basics of American Sign Language (ASL) on mobile devices. In support of the Starkey Hearing Foundation, Matlin has also helped raise awareness for better hearing health for millions of Deaf and hard of hearing children and adults in developing countries.