- Dates: September 1, 2021 - January 2, 2022
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Lone Star Flight Museum
- Address: 11551 Aerospace Avenue
- Price: Adults (18-64) - $15.00 Youth (12-17) - $13.00 Senior (65+) - $13.00 Child (4-11) - $10.00 Children (3 and under) - Free Museum Members - Free
- Admission: Adults (18-64) - $15.00 Youth (12-17) - $13.00 Senior (65+) - $13.00 Child (4-11) - $10.00 Children (3 and under) - Free Museum Members - Free
- Area of Town: Clear Lake/Bay Area Houston
This exhibit remembers and honors the 2,977 people killed in the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, including the first responders and courageous men and women that risked and sacrificed their own lives to save others. The names of each of these individuals will cover the gallery walls. In addition, an 11-foot section of a World Trade Center I-Beam will be on display.
The walls of the gallery space are covered with the names of all the 9/11 victims and their location at the time of the attack. A guest book will also be on display to allow visitors to leave their name, a sentiment or reflection about what happened on September 11, 2001. Upon closing of the exhibit, the guest book will be donated to the National 9/11 Memorial & Museum in New York City.
As part of the exhibit, the museum will also offer public programs that include age-appropriate activities that highlight first responders, our military and more. The museum will host live, virtual tours of the National 9/11 Museum & Memorial in NYC and an inspiring talk by Billy Forney, a Houstonian and 9/11 survivor.
SATURDAY, SEPT. 11 AND SUNDAY, SEPT. 12, ALL FIRST RESPONDERS AND THEIR FAMILIES WILL GET FREE ADMISSION TO THE MUSEUM, UP TO 4 GUESTS PER FAMILY
Never Forget: Commemorating the 20th Anniversary of 9/11 is included with a general admission ticket and free to museum members. For more information about this exhibit and the Lone Star Flight Museum visit online or on the museum’s Facebook or Instagram pages.