Off Season | Dennis Nance
- Presented By: Wedge Space
- Dates: January 16, 2020 - March 14, 2020
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Wedge Space
- Address: 6815 Rustic St.
- Time: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Price: Wedge Space is located on the first floor of the Felix Morales Building on the Houston Community College Southeast campus.
- Admission: Wedge Space is located on the first floor of the Felix Morales Building on the Houston Community College Southeast campus.
Off Season features work by Dennis Nance that incorporates his ongoing shirt production and experimentation with wearable works of art. Nance references his everyday surroundings, experiences, and humor through wearable clothing and costumes. For the past seven years Nance has transitioned his entire wardrobe into handmade shirts, while simultaneously creating costumes that celebrate the seasons. This exhibition serves as an opportunity for the artist the explore the space between his costumes and everyday wardrobe. This exhibition is funded in part by the City of Houston through the Houston Arts Alliance. Dennis Nance is a native Houstonian with extensive experience working with artists and exhibitions. He sews clothing and costumes for both everyday wear and special occasions. Nance was awarded an Individual Artist Grant from the Houston Arts Alliance and an Idea Fund Award, administered through Aurora Picture Show, DiverseWorks Artspace and Project Row Houses and funded by The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, in 2015. His work has been included in exhibitions at the Institute for Contemporary Art, Boston; the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston; The Brandon; BOX13 ArtSpace; and the Menil Collection bookstore. He received his BA from Austin College in Sherman, TX with a concentration in Fine Arts and French. dennisnance.com