ROCO In Concert: Beauty is in the Eye
- Presented By: River Oaks Chamber Orchestra (ROCO)
- Dates: 2/8/2020
- Location: St. John the Divine Episcopal Church
- Address: 2450 River Oaks Blvd.
- Phone: (713) 665-2700
- Time: 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Price: $35 for adult$25 for seniors (65+)$15 for students
- Admission: $35 for adult$25 for seniors (65+)$15 for students
- Area of Town: River Oaks
ROCO’s In Concert series continues with “Beauty is in the Eye” on February 8, 2020. The performance features the premiere of a new concerto by Kevin Lau for the erhu, a traditional Chinese stringed instrument. The concerto will be performed by Andy Lin and conducted by Christopher Rountree, who will be making his ROCO debut. Also featured will be William Grant Still’s tone poem “Darker America”, exploring themes of sorrow, hope, and prayer, plus works by Jean-Féry Rebel and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. ROCOrooters is available during all of ROCO’s In Concert performances at The Church of St. John the Divine, and offers up to 6 hours of childcare under the supervision of certified and bonded childcare professionals. A night out for you, and music education and childcare for kids! Cost is $35 per child, and ages 2 months to 10 years are welcome.