ROCO In Concert: Hope For Beauty
2450 River Oaks Blvd.
- Presented By: River Oaks Chamber Orchestra (ROCO)
- Dates: 11/16/2019
- Location: St. John the Divine Episcopal Church
- Address: 2450 River Oaks Blvd.
- Phone: (713) 665-2700
- Time: 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Price: Located in the Sanctuary. Tickets are General Admission (open seating). Adult: $35 | Senior: $25 | Student: $15 On sale now online, or purchase at door.
- Admission: Located in the Sanctuary. Tickets are General Admission (open seating). Adult: $35 | Senior: $25 | Student: $15 On sale now online, or purchase at door.
ROCO presents “Hope for Beauty” featuring the premiere of Bruce Adolphe’s full chamber orchestra piece I Too Bleed, and Hope for Beauty, which is a tribute both to Alma Rose, niece of Gustav Mahler and conductor of the women’s orchestra at Auschwitz, and to the enduring power of music, which, even in the worst circumstances imaginable, offers hope and beauty. Alastair Willis returns to ROCO as conductor, also leading additional works by Edward Elgar, Giya Kancheli, and Manuel de Falla. ROCOrooters is available during all of ROCO’s In Concert performances at The Church of St. John the Divine, and offers up to 6 hours of childcare under the supervision of certified and bonded childcare professionals. A night out for you, and music education and childcare for kids! Cost is $35 per child, and ages 2 months to 10 years are welcome.