Cyclists of all levels will gather at City Hall for the annual Tour de Houston to benefit the Re-Plant Houston Program managed by the Houston Parks and Recreation Department.
Mayor Sylvester Turner will kick off the ride at City Hall with the first start at 7:30 a.m. (60-mile route) followed by another at 8 a.m. (40-mile route) and 8:30 a.m. (20-mile route). Bikers will follow the new route this year heading south to Clear Lake Park before returning downtown.
Tour de Houston is part of the Mayor’s Wellness Weekend which also includes the 41st Annual Bayou City Classic.
For those who prefer to leave the bike at home, the Bayou City Classic Presented by Apache Corporation will begin at 8 a.m., Saturday, March 17 at City Hall looping through Downtown and along portions of Allen Parkway with a finisher’s shirt and post-race party at the finish line. Proceeds from the 10K Race and the family-friendly 5K Fun Run & Walk will be donated to The Houston Parks Board for trees.
Registration Fee Schedule:
• Advanced Registration – ongoing through February 2, until midnight, $30 adults
• Pre-Registration – February 3 - February 16, until midnight, $35
• Registration - February 17 - March 17 until midnight, $40
• Onsite event registration: March 18 is $45
• Riders 12 and under is $20.00 for the duration
More details including packet pick-up and schedules for pre-registered riders can be found at www.tourdehouston.org.