James R. Cavender founded his truly Texan venture, Cavender's, in 1965 and today, it remains a much-loved local shopping destination. The retailer offers Western apparel such as shirts, hats, belts and other ranch gear for professional cowboys—and folks hoping to look the part.
Though many patrons frequent Cavender’s for apparel, the store’s main draw remains its expansive boot selection, which includes looks and sizes for men, women and children. From fashion-forward finds to classic cowboy varieties, the shop stocks a range of styles in a multitude of colors, heights and designs. Expect to find a mix of luxury brands like Black Jack, Lucchese and Old Gringo, as well as moderately-priced names like Ariat, Corral and Justin.
Stop by one of the more than 40, family-operated store locations, all of which are open Monday through Saturday.
Locations in the Greater Houston area include:
- 2505 South Loop West 610 (Reliant Park)
- 13580 I-10 East, Houston TX
- 10102 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX
- 12141 Katy Freeway, Houston, TX
- 14045 Northwest Freeway, Houston, TX
- 20835 Gulf Freeway, Clear Lake, TX
- 20155 State Highway 59, Humble, TX
Greater Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau - Member