8911 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77024
This urbanized, Texana-decorated barbecue joint is wildly popular, thanks to it’s come-as-you-are atmosphere, expertly smoked brisket and variety of platters. The first Goode Co. Texas Bar-B-Que restaurant opened in 1977 and even though Goode has since added burgers and seafood to his restaurant-venture line-up, barbecue remains the company’s mainstay.
With three locations across the city, BBQ lovers can get their fix in the Upper Kirby or Memorial neighborhoods, or head to northwest Houston on US 290.
At Goode Co., the barbecue is slow-cooked for 16 hours, making it mouthwatering tender. Then it's topped with a delicious sauce bursting with smoky, tomato flavor. Sausage (from a well-guarded recipe), fresh pies and bread are made daily, including a Goode Co. exclusive: jalapeno cheese bread.
Located along the Katy Freeway, the two-level structure is chock-full of rustic wood accents, Texas-sized chandeliers and hunting relics—all of which contribute to the down-home vibe.
- James Beard Award Semifinalist for Outstanding Restaurateur (2010).
- James Beard Award Semifinalist for Outstanding Restaurateur (2009).
- Listed in USA Today as one of "10 Great Places to Chow Down on Barbecue" (2006).
Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau - Member
- Hours: Open Daily: 11am - 10pm
- Price: $$ (Meal, including one drink, tax and tip $11-$30)
- Seating Capacity: 280
- Menu: http://www.goodecompany.com/assets/files/January%20Menu%202011.pdf
- Kid's Menu:
- Self Parking:
- Take Out:
- Separate Checks OK:
- ADA Accessible:
- Group Friendly:
- Student Group Friendly:
- Motorcoach Parking:
- Se Recoge en la Puerta:
- Entrega a Domicilio:
- ADA Accessible:
- Private Room true
- Number of Rooms 2