Join the Chinese Community Center on an Asian Heritage Tour to learn about Asian culture and discover the best that Southwest Houston has to offer. Tours
Asian Heritage Bus Tour - $35 per person
Join the group for a 4.5 hour guided bus tour across Southwest Houston. You will learn about the intriguing history of Chinatown, Mahatma Gandhi and International Districts as you ride along Bellaire, Harwin and Hillcroft Blvds. You'll explore the cultural, dining, and shopping hotspots in this area, such as:
- Harwin Central Mart (a two-story, indoor mall with eclectic fashion and jewelry shops)
- H-Mart Korean Supermarket
- Hong Kong City Mall (one of the oldest Asian shopping centers in Southwest Houston)
- Banana Leaf Malaysian Restaurant
- Ten Yen Tea & Herbs teahouse
- Ocean Palace (Hong Kong style restaurant)
- Jade Buddhist Temple
* A selection of hotspots will be featured on each tour based on availability.
Asian Heritage Cultural Discovery - $25 per person
Learn about traditional and contemporary Asian culture through fun workshops, such as Chinese calligraphy, papercutting, origami, and tai chi.
- Enjoy a tasty lunch in Chinatown and learn about Asian cuisine.
- Experience a tea ceremony demonstration.
- Learn about the history of Chinatown and fun hotspots to visit over and over again!
Go to CCC’s Asian Heritage Tour website for a full list of available tours. Seats can be purchased on CCC’s website or by calling (713) 271-6100 x 105.
The Asian Heritage Tour program is funded in part by the City of Houston through Houston Arts Alliance
Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau - Member