Houston, TX 77002
Irma Galvan’s James Beard Award-winning Mexican restaurant has been a downtown fixture for more than 20 years, drawing in the Central Business District’s lunch time crowd for authentic home cooking and Galvan’s famous lemonade.
For more than two decades, Irma’s continued to operate as it always had: in a cozy spot filled with home furnishings, bric-a-brac blanketing and the publicity photos dotting the walls from the restaurant’s celeb clientele. It wasn’t until the fall of 2010 that Galvan decided to shake things up with expansion plans, the addition of a regular dinner service and, for the first time, actual menus!
In her expanded digs, Irma’s offers an airy dining room, bar and flat-screen TVs, while maintaining the same Mexican-New Orleans-inspired décor that marks the original space. Expect the same memorable fajitas, enchiladas and lemonade that helped put Irma on the map, as well as a mix of new dishes, too.
Stop by for lunch weekdays, as well as dinner Thursday through Saturday.
For more on the chef behind Irma's, click here.
- Winner of the James Beard Foundation's America's Classics Award, as a "small, regional restaurant that has carved out a special place on the American culinary landscape" (2008).
Greater Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau - Member
- Hours: Monday through Wednesday: 8am-3pm Thursday and Friday: 8am-10pm Saturday: 3pm-10pm Closed Sunday *During Astros homegames Monday through Wednesday: 8am-7pm
- Price: $$ (Meal, including one drink, tax and tip $11-$30)
- Seating Capacity: 250
- Happy Hour:
- Outdoor Seating:
- Kid's Menu:
- Pet Friendly:
- Self Parking:
- Separate Checks OK:
- Accessible via Light Rail:
- No. Blocks from Light Rail: 7-8
- ADA Accessible:
- Free Wireless:
- Group Friendly:
- Student Group Friendly:
- Motorcoach Parking:
- ADA Accessible:
- Meeting Facilities