Q: What are inexpensive things to do in Houston?
A: There are plenty of cheap and free things to do in Houston if you're on a budget. Here's our list of things to do that well let you stretch your dollars:
Houston is an affordable city that stretches your buck. That means more fun for you.
CityPass, which is essentially a Cliff's Notes for the city gives you access to the top attractions in the city for only $59 for adults and $49 for children. A CityPass provides a map, info on the best times to visit each attraction, editorial content from National Geographic Traveler and more. The attractions included on the pass are:
- Space Center Houston
- Downtown Aquarium
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Kemah Boardwalk OR Children's Museum of Houston
- Houston Zoo OR Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
You can buy CityPASSes online, at any of the attractions or at the Houston Visitors Center.
These museums are ALWAYS FREE:
- Contemporary Arts Museum Houston
- Holocaust Museum Houston
- Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
- Houston Center for Photography
- The Jung Center of Houston
- Lawndale Art Center
- The Menil Collection
- Moody Center for the Arts at Rice University
- The Rothko Chapel
Here are FREE TIMES for the other museums.
General Admission Only
- Buffalo Soldiers National Museum - FREE Thursday 1 pm - 5 pm
- Children's Museum of Houston - FREE Thursday 5 – 8 pm
- The Health Museum - FREE Thursday 2 – 7 pm
- Houston Museum of Natural Science - FREE Thursdays 2 - 5 pm (3 - 6 pm during the summer and holidays)
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston - FREE Thursday all day