Pearland, TX 77581
Even before sampling the menu, diners will realize their coup as the barbecue shack exterior reveals a charming, white-tablecloth dining room. A 1,200-bottle wine tower and baby grand piano sit at the center of the main dining room. The atmosphere is crisp but casual as tables of regulars enjoy a visit from owner and Executive Chef Ronnie Killen. Servers are young but well-versed on the menu.
Killen's Le Cordon Bleu training is evident throughout the menu but is revealed in the sauces like the wedge salad's creamy Roquefort and the shrimp-topped, jumbo lump crab cake with its subtle lemon sauce. Simple seasoning and expert grilling define the steakhouse entrees and a la carte sides, including the center cut filet, 24-ounce bone-in ribeye and sky-high Niman Ranch pork chop. Fried Gulf shrimp with hand-cut steak fries, snapper sautéed with jumbo lump crab and chicken fried steak are all updated classics.
The multi-page wine list holds a number of surprises including a variety of bottles priced in the $20 range. Killen also has a private dining room planned for his good friend J.J. Watt of the Houston Texans. Fun Fact: In 2005, Killen earned the esteemed position of assistant executive chef at the White House in Washington, DC.
- Received Best of Award of Execellence for outstanding wine program by Wine Spectator (2017).
- Included on Travel + Leisure's list of the Best Steakhouses in America (2016).
- Included on Daily Meal's list of America's 50 Best Steakhouses (2016)
- Included on Open Table's list of 100 Best Steakhouses in America (2016).
- Included on Bravo's Iist of 8 Over the Top Steaks to Order if You Really Want to Treat Your Favorite Meat-Lover (2016).
- Included on Zagat's list of 7 Amazing Steaks Around the U.S. (2015).
- Included on Thrillist's list of 10 Best Steakhouses in Houston (2015).