Chef Ronnie Killen, best known for his icehouse-turned-fine-dining-restaurant Killen’s Steakhouse, opened Killen’s Barbecue in Pearland in February 2014.
The much-anticipated Killen’s Barbecue experience is very Central Texas-like, with barbecue served cafeteria-style on freezer paper and cut to order. Meats are sold by the pound or as one-, two-, or three-meat plates, and include Killen’s much-buzzed-about award-winning beef ribs, along with smoked pork ribs, salt-and-pepper rubbed briskets and pork and beef links, made with high quality USDA brisket and pork loin (no fillers), garlic, salt and pepper.
Alongside the meats, Killen’s serves a mustard-based potato salad, spicy pulled pork pinto beans and ramen coleslaw, all which can also be ordered by the quart, as well as housemade spicy bread-and-butter pickles, pickled jalapenos and onions. Desserts include Killen’s creamy old-fashioned banana pudding with vanilla wafers, pecan pie with a touch of Mrs. Butterworth’s syrup, his legendary crème brûlée bread pudding, as well as seasonal cobblers.
- Included on Daily Meal's list of America's Best Barbecue Restaurants (2016)
- Included on USA Today's list of 10 Best Brisket Sandwiches in Texas (2016)
- Included on Better Homes & Garden's list of 10 Best Places to Eat Barbecue in Texas (2016)
- Included on Thrillist's list of 33 Best BBQ Joints in America (2016)
- Included on Texas Monthly's list of Top 25 New and Improved BBQ Joints in Texas (2015)
- Included on GQ's list of 25 Most Outstanding Restaurants (2015)