Houston Botanic Garden
1 Botanic Lane
Houston, TX 77017
Drift away in the midst of exotic and native plants, flowers and trees complimented by butterflies, birds and other wildlife that make up the Houston Botanic Garden. It is easy to discover and connect with the beauty and splendor of nature in the Garden’s 132 acres surrounded by Sims Bayou in what once was a public golf course.
Houston Botanic Garden features a collection of themed gardens including Global, Culinary, Stormwater Wetlands and the Coastal Prairie. Each garden provides a unique opportunity for visitors to explore hundreds of species related to a specific environment, from tropical to subtropical to edible and medicinal plants. The Woodland Glade, Susan Garver Family Discovery Garden and Community Garden allow interactive discovery for visitors of every age and even offer a place for outdoor events like weddings.
Education and research are a critical part of Houston Botanic Garden’s mission, so a number of programs and cultural events are planned throughout the year, including things like cooking demonstrations, lectures and performances. The real bonus is while learning about conservation, planting, growing, sustainability and flood control, visitors are also able to simply getaway and relax in the beauty serenity of nature.
Hard for anyone to believe the Garden is just a few miles from busy downtown Houston and Hobby Airport. Houston Botanic Garden calls itself an outdoor museum, inspired by nature, so grab a pair of comfy shoes and explore the world-class botanic garden that is certain to become a Houston institution.
The Houston Botanic Garden is located at One Botanic Lane at 8210 Park Place Blvd., Houston, TX 77016 and open Monday - Sunday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day. Timed tickets available online. All walking trails are ADA compliant for wheelchairs.
Museums and Attractions
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., daily Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day
- Admission: Standard (Fri-Sun): $15/adult, $10/child/student (with valid ID) Discount Days (Mon-Thurs): $12.50/adult, $8/child/student (with valid ID)
- Group Rates:
- Child Rates:
- Student Rates:
- Gift Shop:
- Free Parking Available:
- Private Room for Special Events:
- ADA Accessible:
- Requirement for Chaperone/Student Ratio: 10 students to 1 chaperone
- Are you interested in the student group travel m:
- Is your facility ADA compliance?:
- Do you require advance notice for student groups:
- Do you offer student group discounts?: