When it comes to scoping out the best setting for your Big Day—be it ceremony or reception—it’s important to know what questions to ask. Use this checklist to help narrow down the selection.
- What is the venue’s capacity? Is there a minimum?
- Does the venue provide an in-house coordinator? Will they be present the day of? How long will they stay?
- Does the site book more than one wedding per day?
- Are there any changes planned to the building before the wedding (renovations, painting, etc.)?
- Will the ceremony take place in the same room as the reception? If so, what is the changeover plan for converting the reception space?
- Does the venue offer on-site catering? If not, are there specific catering partners that clients must use?
- Is a menu and wine tasting included? What is the cost?
- How much wine/Champagne is included per person?
- What are the wine choices and upgrade costs?
- Do you charge a corkage fee?
- Is the champagne toast complimentary?
- What is the cost difference between plated, buffet and family style catering?
- Are there any additional charges for bar and waiting staff?
- How do you handle special dietary requirements?
- What time is the meal served?
- Are linens, tables and chairs provided as part of the package?
- Is any decor provided or available for rent?
- How early will you have access to the site for decorating prior to the wedding?
- Where does the band/DJ set up? Where will the dance floor be?
- Is the dance floor included with the venue rental or is it a separate cost?
- Does the venue own a quality sound system or will one need to be rented?
- How early can the band/DJ set up on the wedding day?
- How late does the bar stay open? Is there a charge for extending the bar hours?
- What time must guests leave the venue?
- Is there a payment schedule? What kind of deposit is required?
- What’s the cancellation policy?
- Are there special discounts offered for booking during off season?