This urbanized, Texana-decorated barbecue joint is wildly popular, thanks to expertly smoked brisket and variety of platters.The first Goode Co. Texas Bar-B-Que restaurant opened in 1977. Even though Goode has since added burgers and seafood to his lineup, barbecue remains the company's mainstay. At Goode Co., the barbecue is slow-cooked for 16 hours, making it mouthwatering tender. Then it's topped with a delicious sauce bursting with smoky, tomato flavor. Sausage (from a well-guarded recipe), fresh pies and bread are made daily, including a Goode Co. exclusive: jalapeno cheese bread.
The funky old building has limited seating inside, but it's more fun to grab a tray from the cafeteria-style line and head for the picnic tables outside on the patio. In addition to the standard brisket, sausage and pork platters, Goode also offers smoked duck and chicken.
- Named one of America's best BBQ joints by National Geographic Traveler (2013).
- James Beard Award Semifinalist for Outstanding Restaurateur (2013).
- James Beard Award Semifinalist for Outstanding Restaurateur (2010).
- James Beard Award Semifinalist for Outstanding Restaurateur (2009).
- Listed in USA Today as one of "10 Great Places to Chow Down on Barbecue" (2006).
Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau - Member