Since 1941, the Molina family has been bringing the true taste of Tex-Mex to hungry Houstonians.
This is a family-run business through and through, where each location is welcoming in its own unique way. After a years-long hiatus from the neighborhood, Molinas is now back in the West U area, serving up authentic Tex-Mex to residents and visitors in the know.
Start with the Buenos Tiempos Platter, a sampling of flautas, quesadillas, nachos, guacamole and chili con queso. It serves four. Got a really big appetite? Try the Mexico City Dinner. It's so big they have to bring it out in shifts. You get a taco, an enchilada, a tostada, a tamale topped with chili, guacamole, chili con queso, rice, beans and flour tortillas for less than $10. Or maybe try the Cancun Shrimp Platter. It's an ample serving of jumbo shrimp stuffed with fresh jalapenos and white cheese, all wrapped in bacon and grilled. Desserts include sweet flan, delicate sopapillas and lucious homemade tres leches cake.
All locations have low-priced daily lunch specials and festive happy hours. Be sure to take advantage of both.
- Included on Thrillist's list of Best Tex-Mex Restaurants in Texas (2016)
- Enchiladas de Tejas (cheese enchiladas with chili con carne) named one of the greatest "guy" foods in America by Men's Health magazine (2010).
- Hours: Sun-Thurs: 11:00am - 10:00pm Fri-Sat: 11:00am-11:00pm
- Price: $$ (Meal, including one drink, tax and tip $11-$30)
- Seating Capacity: 250
- Menu: http://www.molinasrestaurants.com/pdfs/Molinas_Menu_Web.pdf
- Happy Hour:
- Outdoor Seating:
- Kid's Menu:
- Self Parking:
- Take Out:
- Separate Checks OK:
- Group Friendly:
- Student Group Friendly:
- Motorcoach Parking:
- Private Room true
- Number of Rooms 1
- Banquet Capacity: 80