Go Pig! Or Go Home!
Doesn't that get you excited? On April 15, Kata Robata, will host the first annual Suckling Pig Throwdown. Thirteen of Houston's top local chefs will come together to take part in this friendly competition for the title of suckling pig champ. The event will benefit Recipe for Success, a nonprofit that helps fight childhood obesity (insert tiny ironic laugh here).
Chefs will offer up bites of their pig roasts to attendees who will also get to enjoy signature Kata Robata hor d'oeuvres and beer from Saint Arnold's Brewery.
So who are the competitors?
- Gabriel Medina - Kata Robata
- Michael Pellegrino - MAX's Wine Dive
- Mike Potowski - Benjy's on Washington
- Randy Rucker - conāt
- Ryan Pera - Revival Market
- SteveMarques - The Tasting Room Uptown Park
- Raymond Vandergaag - The Tasting Room CityCentre
- Seth Siegel-Gardner - Pilot Light Restaurant Group
- Ronnie Killen - Killen's Steakhouse
- Ryan Hildebrand - Triniti
- Terrence Gallivan - Pilot Light Restaurant Group
- Masahide Wakatsuki - Azuma Kirby
- Chef Manabu Horiuchi - Kata Robata
Judges for the event include: Pat Sharpe, food editor with Texas Monthly; Greg Morago,
food editor with the Houston Chronicle; Katharine Schillcut, food editor with the Houston
Press; Chris Shepherd, chef/owner of Underbelly; Teresa Byrne-Dodge, editor and
publisher My Table Magazine.
Admission to the event is $60. Tickets can be purchased by visiting http://gopigorgohome.eventbrite.com