Houston, TX 77019
Tucked away on Shepherd Drive is the converted residence that is home to Backstreet Café. Ever-changing New American choices prepared by Chef Hugo Ortega include salads like goat cheese with pears, toasted walnuts and warm bacon dressing, or entree-size salads like lentils and feta in garlic vinaigrette. The meat loaf tower, a lunch and dinner favorite, comes with garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed spinach and mushroom gravy. Finish with warm apple tart topped with house-made vanilla-bean ice cream.
Backstreet's popular jazz brunch featuring the Bob Chadwick Trio is served on Sundays from 11am until 3pm.
For prime people-watching, request an umbrella-covered table on the front terrace. Or for a touch of romance, sit by the cozy fireplace.
- Chef Hugo Ortega and Backstreet Café included in Zagat feature on 16 Chefs Redefining Texas Cuisine (2016).
- Backstreet received Best of Award of Excellence by Wine Spectator (2017)
- Named one of 50 hot restaurants for summer by Nation's Restaurant News (2013).
- Chef Hugo Ortega named James Beard Award Semifinalist for Best Chef: Southwest (2012).
- Sean Beck named Rising Star Sommelier by StarChefs.com (2011).
Greater Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau - Member
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11am-10pm Friday 11am-11pm Saturday 10 am-11 pm Sunday 10am-9pm
- Seating Capacity: 250
- Menu: http://www.backstreetcafe.net/dinner_menu.html
- Weekend Brunch:
- Outdoor Seating:
- Kid's Menu:
- Pet Friendly:
- Live Entertainment:
- Valet Parking:
- Dress Code Requirements: Business Casual
- Take Out:
- Separate Checks OK:
- ADA Accessible:
- Free Wireless:
- Group Friendly:
- Student Group Friendly:
- Curbside Pickup:
- Se Recoge en la Puerta:
- Entrega a Domicilio:
- ADA Accessible:
- Meeting Facilities