1150 Brand Lane
Stafford, TX 77477
BAPS Shri Swaninarayan Mandir is the first of its kind in North America and its traditional Hindu Manduir was built according to the ancient architectural scriptures of India dating back 5000 years. The stones used were quarried in Turkey and Carrara Italy, and then shipped to India where 2000 traditional artisans hand sculpted them. In total, 34,000 stone pieces were carved and shipped to the United States.
Hundreds of local volunteers and artisans from Stafford, Texas put the pieces together like a 3-D jigsaw puzzle. The Mandir was inaugurated on July 25, 2004 by spiritual leader, Swami Maharaj.
The Mandir is available for public tours daily from 7:30am to 8:45pm.