1000 George Bush Dr. West
College Station, TX 77845
The life and times of the nation’s 41st president are explored in depth at the George Bush Presidential Library & Museum on the campus of Texas A&M University in College Station.
The primary exhibit at the Bush Museum traces the life of George HW Bush from his childhood during the 1920's through his service as a torpedo-bomber pilot during World War II and his business career spanning the decades between 1945 and 1965.
The exhibit concludes with a presentation of Bush’s public life, first as a U.S. Congressman and later as head of the Republican National Committee, Ambassador to the United Nations, Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, Vice President under President Ronald Reagan, and finally as President from 1989-1993. Throughout the museum, exhibits highlight the unique influences and challenges which shaped George Bush's life and presidency.
Artifacts inside the museum include a World War II Avenger Torpedo Bomber similar to the one George Bush flew during World War II as well as precise replicas of his Camp David and Air Force One offices.
Exhibits at the museum’s Ansary Gallery and the Fidelity Corridor Gallery rotate every three to five months. Although some of these exhibits feature artifacts housed in the museum collection, the museum also strives to bring traveling exhibits to the Bryan-College Station area.
Museums and Attractions
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 9:30am-5pm Sunday Noon to 5pm Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day
- Admission: Adult (18-61): $9 Senior (62+) and Retired Military (with ID): $7 Youth (6-17): $3 Children (5 and under): FREE Group Rate (20+ with reservation): $6 Texas A&M University and Blinn College students (with ID): FREE College Students (with ID): $3 Active-duty military and up to 5 family members (with ID): FREE
- Group Rates:
- Senior Rates:
- Child Rates:
- Student Rates:
- Gift Shop:
- Free Parking Available:
- Private Room for Special Events:
- Free Wireless:
- ADA Accessible:
- Requirement for Chaperone/Student Ratio: 1/10
- Motorcoach Parking:
- Advance Notice Required for Groups:
- Cancellation Policy for Groups:
- ADA Accessible:
- Reception Capacity 200
- Audio/Visual true
- Facility Buy Out For Special Event true
- Banquet Capacity 200
- Number of Rooms 3
- Classroom Capacity: 50
- Theater Capacity: 148
- Banquet Capacity: 200
- Reception Capacity: 200