You'll find authentic regional Mexican cuisine in a stunningly earthy, Latin-inspired setting at Hugo's.
Chef Hugo Ortega features refined Mexico City classics with a contemporary twist. Moist whole red snapper Veracruzana arrives blanketed in tangy tomatoes, olives and rings of sweet baked onions. Desserts are masterful, from the buttery almond-coconut tart to the flan de chocolate made with freshly ground cocoa beans.
The restaurant is housed in a 1925 structure designed and built by Houston architect Joseph Finger, who is also responsible for Houston’s Art Deco-style City Hall. The Latin-inspired building has been lovingly restored to feature its original beauty, and the interiors designed to include both chic contemporary touches and inviting traditional elements of old Mexico.
Hugo's popular Sunday brunch is served from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.
For more on the chef behind Hugo's, click here.
- Hugo Ortega named 2017 Best Chef: Southwest at James Beard Awards (2017)
- Hugo's received Award of Excellence by Wine Spectator (2017)
- Hugo Ortega finalist for Best Chef: Southwest (2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 & 2012) James Beard Awards
- Tracy Vaught named semi-finalist for Outstanding Restaurateur at James Beard Awards (2016)
- Named one of Eater's 38 Best Restaurants in America – “The 38 restaurants that defined dining in 2016” (2016)
- Semi-finalist for Outstanding Wine Program at James Beard Awards (2015)
- Included on Travel + Leisure's list of the Best Mexican Restaurants in the U.S. (2013).
- Sean Beck named Rising Star Sommelier by StarChefs.com (2011).
- Named one of the top 5 Mexican restaurants in Texas by Texas Monthly (2010).
Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau - Member
- Hours: Sunday: 10am-9pm Monday-Thursday: 11am-10pm Friday-Saturday: 11am-11pm
- Seating Capacity: 190
- Weekend Brunch:
- Happy Hour:
- Serves Late:
- Outdoor Seating:
- Kid's Menu:
- Pet Friendly:
- Live Entertainment:
- Valet Parking:
- Self Parking:
- Dress Code:
- Dress Code Requirements: Business Casual
- Take Out:
- Separate Checks OK:
- ADA Accessible:
- Free Wireless:
- Group Friendly:
- Student Group Friendly:
- ADA Accessible:
- Reception Capacity 200
- Audio/Visual true
- Facility Buy Out For Special Event true
- Private Room true
- Banquet Capacity 200
- Number of Rooms 2
- Banquet Capacity: 60
- Reception Capacity: 20