The Health Museum provides innovative and interactive health and science educational experiences to promote an understanding of the human body. General admission for adults is $8, admission for children 3-12 and seniors 65+ is $6, children 2 and under are admitted for free.
The museum offers free general admission on Thursdays 2-5 p.m. Some special exhibits require a ticket purchase.
The Amazing Body Pavilion
The Jim Hickox Amazing Body Pavilion is a larger-than-life walking tour through the human body. Features include:
- Approximately 30 interactive video and audio kiosks invite guests to pose interesting questions about human anatomy and health information
- A 22-foot-long backbone with ribs descending from the ceiling to the floor, creating the feeling of being inside a giant rib cage
The hands-on experiences include:
- 27½-foot intestine
- Texas-sized, 10-foot-tall walk-through brain with memory games
- Skeleton riding a bicycle
- Look down the throat at vocal chords in action
- Clogged artery stations
- Colossal walk-in eyeball that demonstrates how your eye receives and perceives images
- Visual demonstrations of depth perception
Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau - Member since 1995