501 Texas Ave
Houston, TX 77002
Wortham Theater Center, home to Houston Ballet and Houston Grand Opera, features two theaters.
Since its opening in 1987, Wortham has entertained audiences totaling more than 5 million people. It has also served as the backdrop for hundreds of galas, corporate and group events, further underscoring its role as a community center as well as a performing arts venue.
The facility features two theaters, the Alice and George Brown Theater and the Roy and Lillie Cullen Theater.
At 2,423 seats, the Brown is the "big house" at Wortham. The 17,000-square foot stage is primarily used for major performances by Houston Ballet and Houston Grand Opera. Despite its size, no seat is more than 138 feet from the stage.
The 1,100-seat Cullen Theater hosts smaller opera and ballet productions and serves other arts groups, such as Society for the Performing Arts, Da Camera of Houston and Mercury Baroque. Its intimate size is ideal for solo artists, chamber music, small touring shows and recitals.
Within this splendid domain are an array of public spaces, both monumental and intimate: the jewel box-like theaters, the soaring six-story Grand Foyer, the delicately scaled Green Room and Founders Salon.
Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau - Member
- Houston Clean - Employee Health Screening:
- Houston Clean - Enhanced Cleaning Protocols:
- Houston Clean - Promote Physical Distancing:
- Houston Clean - Enhanced Protective Measures:
- Houston Clean - Minimize Contact Touchpoints:
- Houston Clean - Flexible Capacity Meeting Rooms:
- Houston Clean - Education and Communication:
- Parking Fee:
- Accessible via Light Rail:
- No. of Blocks From Light Rail: 4
- ADA Accessible: