1777 Walker St., Ste. A
Houston, TX 77010
Set in Downtown’s Marriott Marquis Houston, Xochi (pronounced so-chee) means to bloom or catch fire and represents another creative endeavor from award-winning Chef Hugo Ortega and the H Town Restaurant Group. There, fans will find a dining experience that celebrates the culinary and indigenous richness of Oaxaca, Mexico and its varied geographic regions.
The restaurant’s menu features a wide variety of house-made masas, incorporating many types of colors of corn, an endless variety of moles, as well as house-made chocolate and ribbons of cheese (called quesillo) wrapped into balls. Imported Oaxacan, coffee, grasshoppers, tlayudas (huge tortillas, fire-roasted with toppings), beans cooked with avocado leaves and many other very distinctive and diverse Oaxacan-inspired dishes are also on offer. Expect a bar program touting an extensive offering of mezcals, tequilas and Mexican craft beers.
Xochi is open daily for lunch and dinner, and Sunday brunch from 11 to 3 p.m.
- Houston's Top 100 Restaurants - No. 1 (2018)
- Named James Beard Winner for Best Chef: Southwest (2017)
- Xochi received Award of Excellence by Wine Spectator (2017)
- Hugo Ortega finalist for Best Chef: Southwest (2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 & 2012) James Beard Awards
- Xochi included in Eater National’s list of Hottest Restaurants in 15 Amreican Cities (2017).
- Xochi named to USA Today’s 10Best list of James Beard Award-winning restaurants you can afford to dime (2017).