- Travel Planning
- Things to Do
- Restaurants & Bars
- Acres Homes
- Bay Area Houston
- EaDo/East End
- Houston Heights
- Medical Center/NRG Park
- Memorial Park/Washington Corridor
- Memorial/Energy Corridor
- Museum District
- River Oaks
- Hobby Airport/Third Ward
- Upper Kirby/Greenway Plaza
- West University/Rice Village
More in About Houston
- Submit RFP
- Find a Venue
- Convention Kit
- Interactive Map
- What's Around My Convention?
- Maps & Transportation
- Attendee Activities
- Contact Client Services
- Contact Sales
- Tourism Summit
- Tour Operators
- Tourism Incentive Program
- Hola Houston
- Contact Us
- IPW Around Houston Partner Application - 2020
- IPW Attraction Partner Application - 2020
- IPW Hotel Partner Application - 2020
- IPW Transportation Partner Application - 2020
- MemberNet Login
- Member Benefits
- Maximize Your Benefits
- Become a Member
- Investing in Houston
- Diamond/Platinum/Gold Members
- Member Services Directory
- Newsletters & Updates
- Membership Events
- Member Business Service Outlet
- Houston First Business Opportunities
- Manage Your Communication
- Advertising Co-ops
- Membership Staff
Benefits are designed to generate business. Take advantage!
- Direct Access to Meeting Planners
- Discounted Advertising Opportunities
- Familiarization Tours & Site Visits
- Networking Opportunities
We want you to see immediate results from your investment in the GHCVB here are tips that are essential to your ROI.
Direct Access to Meeting Planners
Get exclusive access to the online Houston Convention Calendar. When a meeting is booked the calendar is updated giving you real-time access. Make sure to check it often.
- Contact information of Meeting/Convention Planners
- Projected Room Nights
- Projected Attendance
- Hotel Headquarters
Back to Top ↑
The VisitHouston.com website network reaches more than 8 million annual visitors and the Official Houston Publications are distributed to more than 450,000. Members get custom benefits including:
Coupons and Deals on VisitHouston.com: The special offers section is one of the most popular pages on the website. Post an offer and this section will drive business to your location.
- The special offers section is available for general consumer member categories.
- Offers that present the biggest value to the visitor will be downloaded and used. Members can upload their offers directly in MemberNet. Simply log in and click on Collateral then Special Offers and Add New Offer.
Want to know more about special offers? Email us!
Enhanced Website Listing: Member's website listings feature an amenities section. This information provides visitors with detailed content and is search-able via a venue search tool.
- The amenities section is available for general consumer and facility/venues.
- Members can upload their amenities content directly on MemberNet. Simply log on and click on Profile then Account click Account name and Manage Amenities and update the corresponding amenities form.
Houston Official Visitors Guide: A digital version of the magazine is available on VisitHouston.com
Houston Production Guide: Published in January, the guide is the primary fulfillment tool for the Houston Film Commission. It is distributed to film, audio, and visual production companies across the United States. The online guide is also published on the Houston Film Commission's official website.
- All members who offer film-specific or general support services for the industry receive a listing in this guide. (2,200 annual circulation)
Membership Business Directory: The GHCVB does not trade or sell our member's phone numbers and emails. Members can access and download The Business Directory by category through Membernet.
Discounted Advertising Opportunities
- VisitHouston.com: DTN (Destination Travel Network) provides advertising opportunities on the GHCVB's website network which reaches 8 million+ annual visitors.
VisitHouston.com - HoustonCulinaryTours.com - MyGayHouston.com - HoustonReunions.com - MyHoustonMeeting.com
Members get exclusive discounts. Advertising.
- Official Houston Visitors Guide: Members receive exclusive advertising discounts in the magazine.
Hotel leads are sent to member hotels based on inquiries received or solicited by the Convention Sales Department. The leads vary in nature from hotel room blocks to special event space. In many instances, the hotels and venue space receiving leads are dictated by the group event organizers or Convention Sales department based on the size of the group, location or other factors.
Service leads and referrals are sent to member supplier categories by the Client Services Department for services requested by the event organizers.
The key to maximizing this benefit is to make sure you are connecting with these departments and ensuring your information and contacts are updated in MemberNet. MemberNet is the tool utilized for members to receive, respond and track leads and referrals.
Familiarization Tours & Site Visits
Members are often forwarded the opportunity to host meeting planners, tour companies/operators, travel agents, and media who are interested in selecting Houston as a destination for their meeting, convention or tradeshow.
It's important that members keep the GHCVB departments informed on their business i.e., new developments and offerings. Make sure to attend Member Orientation and Showcase Connections and Membership Tutorials and get to know the staff as well as other members.
As a member of the GHCVB, you are part of the largest network of Hospitality, Tourism, Sales and Marketing Professionals in Houston. Make sure to take advantage of the many networking opportunities:
- Membership Connection & Networking Showcase
- Educational Seminars
Information Booth at Conventions
The Visit Houston Client Services Department hosts a booth at most major conventions in the city, where restaurant, entertainment and attraction members are highlighted.