Benefits are designed to generate business. Take advantage!
- Direct Access to Meeting Planners
- Discounted Advertising Opportunities
- Familiarization Tours & Site Visits
- Networking Opportunities
We want you to see immediate results from your investment in the GHCVB here are tips that are essential to your ROI.
Direct Access to Meeting Planners
Get exclusive access to the online Houston Convention Calendar. When a meeting is booked the calendar is updated giving you real-time access. Make sure to check it often.
- Contact information of Meeting/convention Planners
- Projected Room Nights
- Projected Attendance
- Hotel Headquarters
The VisitHouston.com website network reaches more than 8 million annual visitors and the Official Houston Publications are distributed to more than 450,000. Members get custom benefits including:
Coupons and Deals on VisitHouston.com: The special offers section is one of the most popular pages on the website. Post an offer and this section will drive business to your location.
- The special offers section is available for general consumer member categories.
- Offers that present the biggest value to the visitor will be downloaded and used. Members can upload their offers directly in MemberNet/Extranet 4.0. Simply log in and click on Collateral then Special Offers and Add New Offer.
Want to know more about special offers? Email us!
Enhanced Website Listing: Member's website listings feature an amenities section. This information provides visitors with detailed content and is search-able via a venue search tool.
- The amenities section is available for general consumer and facility/venues.
- Members can upload their amenities content directly on MemberNet/Extranet 4.0. Simply log on and click on Profile then Account click Account name and Manage Amenities and update the corresponding amenities form.
Houston Official Visitors Guide: Published in Spring and Fall, the Houston Visitors Guide is the primary fulfillment tool for the Houston Visitor Information Center as well as requests received from VisitHouston.com and is also distributed in hotels and regional welcome centers. A digital version of the magazine is available on VisitHouston.com
- Hotels, Restaurants, Area attractions, Museums, Arts and regional and area Destination experiences as members receive a listing in the Member Directory published in each issue (400,000 annual circulation).
Houston Production Guide: Published in January, the guide is the primary fulfillment tool for the Houston Film Commission. It is distributed to film, audio, and visual production companies across the United States. The online guide is also published on the Houston Film Commission's official website.
- All members who offer film-specific or general support services for the industry receive a listing in this guide. (2,200 annual circulation)
Membership Business Directory: The GHCVB does not trade or sell our member's phone numbers and emails. Members can access and download The Business Directory by category through Membernet/Extranet 4.0.
Discounted Advertising Opportunities
- VisitHouston.com: DTN (Destination Travel Network) provides advertising opportunities on the GHCVB's website network which reaches 8 million+ annual visitors.
VisitHouston.com - HoustonCulinaryTours.com - MyGayHouston.com - HoustonReunions.com - MyHoustonMeeting.com
Members get exclusive discounts. Advertising.
- Official Houston Visitors Guide: Members receive exclusive advertising discounts in the magazine. Visitors Guide Media Kit
All GHCVB departments send leads and referrals to members on a daily basis. Leads are primarily sent for group business. These leads vary in nature from hotel room blocks to special event space. Service leads and referrals are sent to member categories as requested by departments and clients.
The key to maximizing this benefit is to make sure you’re connecting with the right departments and making sure information and contacts are updated to receive leads and referrals through Membernet/Extranet 4.0
Familiarization Tours & Site Visits
Members are often forwarded the opportunity to host meeting planners, tour companies/operators, travel agents, and media who are interested in selecting Houston as a destination for their meeting, convention or tradeshow.
It's important that members keep the GHCVB departments informed on their business i,e., new developments and offerings. Make sure to attend Member Orientation and Showcase Connections and Membership Tutorials and get to know the staff as well as other members.
As a member of the GHCVB, you are part of the largest network of Hospitality, Tourism, Sales and Marketing Professionals in Houston. Make sure to take advantage of the many networking opportunities:
- Membership Connections
- Joint Networking Mixers with Chambers of Commerce's and Organizations
- Educational Seminars
- Annual Tourism Summit
- Bi-Monthly Member Orientation and Showcase
- Become a Houston Insider
- Bi-Monthly Membership Orientation Connection Showcase
- Business Spotlight & Coffee (Client Services Department doing business with clients)
Restaurant Reservations and Information Booth
The GHCVB Services Department hosts a booth at most conventions where restaurant, entertainment and attractions members are highlighted. If you have an updated menu or brochure you would like to share with us, please contact Destination Services.