Houston Museum of Natural Science
Homewood Suites by Hilton near the Galleria
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Houston by The Galleria
Houston’s temperate climate sustains tropical vegetation and allows the city’s residents and visitors an enviable outdoor lifestyle.
- Houston averages only 18.0 days per year with temperatures of 32°F or less and 99.6 days with high temperatures of 90°F or more. Temperatures rarely reach 100°F.
- Houston’s growing season averages 300 days. The normal frost-free period extends from Feb. 14 to Dec. 11.
- Houston has had only 14 measurable snowfalls since 1939.
- A statistically average year contains 90.3 “clear” days, concentrated in October and November; 114.5 “partly cloudy” days, typical of June through September; and 160.3 “cloudy” days, common in December through May.
- Prevailing wind in Houston is south-southeasterly at a mean speed of 7.4 mph.
|Average Temperatures||Average Precipitation|
Source: Greater Houston Partnership