Asia Society Texas Center - Online
Houston Museum of Natural Science
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Houston by the Galleria
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston
Houston’s temperate climate sustains tropical vegetation and allows the city’s residents and visitors an enviable outdoor lifestyle.
- Houston averages only 18.0 days per year with temperatures of 32°F or less and 99.6 days with high temperatures of 90°F or more. Temperatures rarely reach 100°F.
- Houston’s growing season averages 300 days. The normal frost-free period extends from Feb. 14 to Dec. 11.
- Houston has had only 14 measurable snowfalls since 1939.
- A statistically average year contains 90.3 “clear” days, concentrated in October and November; 114.5 “partly cloudy” days, typical of June through September; and 160.3 “cloudy” days, common in December through May.
- Prevailing wind in Houston is south-southeasterly at a mean speed of 7.4 mph.
|Average Temperatures||Average Precipitation|
Source: Greater Houston Partnership