HOUSTON FIRST CORPORATION
GUIDELINES FOR PROFESSIONAL CONTENT CREATORS
Visit Houston provides travel assistance to qualified professional digital and social media Content Creators visiting our city, with the objective of amplifying our message of Houston as a premier travel destination and to help increase leisure travel.
Digital and social media content creators looking for a FAM visit, must meet these requirements:
- Provide your social media handle and/or media kit.
- Provide samples of previous work, including features and/or campaign results when working with other destinations.
- Submit a list of the brands and/or destinations you’ve worked with in the past two years.
- Social media posts and videos shared as a result of sponsored FAM, will link to or tag Visit Houston’s channels.
- Sign Houston First Image Release Form prior to arrival. (review here)
Please keep in mind that:
- Travel content featuring Houston as a premier leisure travel destination must be family friendly, available for everyone to read.
- Content must comply with FTC guidelines of sponsorship disclosures.
- When posting social media and/or blog content. We ask that Visit Houston and Hola Houston are not referenced nor mentioned in connection with any political beliefs or activities, social causes, or commercial activities, without previous specific written consent.
- 1 to 2 Instagram Reels
- 10 Instagram stories
- 1 post per day on social media channels
- At least one positive travel blog of 750 words minimum, with supporting social media posts.
Visit Houston will review each request individually and reserves the right of reaching the best decision in each case.