Houston Airport Info
Traveling to Houston has never been easier. As the country's fourth largest airport system, the Houston Airport System serves over 180 cities worldwide, with Bush Intercontinental Airport ranking third in the United States among airports with scheduled non-stop domestic and international service.
- Bush Intercontinental Airport Transportation
- Bush Intercontinental Airport Facts
- William P. Hobby Airport
- William P. Hobby Airport Transportation
- William P. Hobby Airport Facts
- Houston's Top Five Carriers
- Flight Times to Houston
Houston Airport System
- 4th largest multi-airport system in the country
- One of the largest in the world
- 58 million passengers traveled through the three airports in 2018
- 80 million passengers traveling through HAS are projected by 2020
- Houston is the primary gateway to Latin America
Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
With more than 700 daily departures and 43 million domestic passengers passing through its gates in 2015, Bush Intercontinental is the largest airport in Houston.
All five terminals are connected by an automated people-mover and underground train. WI-FI internet, retail stores, and more than 50 food and beverage outlets ensure a pleasant visit. Visitor information centers, a currency exchange booth, as well as ADA amenities are also available.
Airlines serving Bush Intercontinental Airport include AeroMexico, Air Canada, Air France, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Delta Air Lines, Emirates, KLM, Lufthansa, Qatar Aiways, Singapore Airlines, TACA, United Airlines, US Airways, and VivaAerobus.
In order to bridge the 20 miles between the airport and Downtown Houston, visitors have multiple transport options.
Approximate fares from IAH are
- $57 to downtown area
- $65 to Galleria/Medical Center area
- $70 to NRG Park
- $78 to Hobby Airport
- $102 to Space Center Houston
- There is a late night surcharge of $1 per trip (8pm-6am)
The following rental car agencies have counters at IAH:
Ride Apps Serving IAH
- Get Me
- GreenLight (GLT)
Various hotels and lodgings offer courtesy vans to their properties. You can use the courtesy telephones in the baggage claim area to request a pick-up.
Public METRO buses
The public bus route 102 serves IAH and downtown locations.
Service runs Monday through Sunday, from approximately 5 a.m. until midnight.
To check schedules and plan your trip, go to ridemetro.org.
- 22 miles from Downtown Houston
- Ranked 15th in the world for total passenger traffic
- 27 passenger airlines
- More than 11,000 acres
- 185 non-stop destinations
William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)
Hobby Airport serves domestic destinations and has seen significant increases in passenger numbers in recent years, hitting 14.5 million travelers in 2018.
WI-FI internet, retail stores, and more than 15 food and beverage outlets ensure a pleasant visit.
Airlines serving Hobby Airport include American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, and Southwest Airlines.
Hobby Airport is located about 7 miles south of Downtown and offers various transport options.
Taxis are available at Curb Zone 2 outside of the baggage claim area in the lower level.
Approximate fares from HOU are:
- $29 to downtown area
- $35 to NRG Park Area
- $35 Texas Medical Center
- $59 to Uptown/Galleria
- $41 to NASA Space Center
*There is a late night surcharge of $1 per trip (8pm-6am)
The following rental car agencies have counters at Hobby Airport:
Ride Apps Serving Hobby
- Get Me
- GreenLight (GLT)
Various hotels and motels offer courtesy vans to their properties. You can use the courtesy telephones in the baggage claim area to request a pick-up.
Public METRO buses
The public bus route 40 serves HOU and downtown locations. Service runs Monday through Saturday, from approximately 6 a.m. until 11 p.m. To check schedules and plan your trip, go to tripplanner.ridemetro.org
- 7 miles from Downtown Houston
- One of Southwest Airlines' largest hubs
- Nonstop service to more than 60 destinations throughout the U.S., Latin America, and the caribbean
- Ranked 36th in the U.S. for total passenger traffic in 2018
- Acquired by the City of Houston in 1937
Houston's Top five carriers and number of flights
- US Airways
David Wayne Hooks Airport
David Wayne Hooks Aiport (KDWH) Gill Aviation, a respected name in FBO services at David Wayne Hooks Airport (KDWH), is located in Northwest Houston, 5 minutes from The Woodlands via Grand Parkway with close proximity to Downtown and The Galleria.
20803 Stuebner Airline Road Houston, TX 77379